The Encouraging Life Organization (ELO) is committed to the overall health and wellbeing of African American/Black Women.
The ELO is a community-based organization that was developed by Jessica Brown, in 2010. The sole purpose of the ELO is to create community health initiatives that assist in the elimination of health disparities among under-served communities. The ELO accomplishes this through developing community outreach efforts, while providing resources and education on preventive health.
These community outreach efforts consist of services such as seminars, workshops, and community information forums, that seek to educate, provide resources, inform, and bring awareness to health issues that contribute to health disparities. Our services mainly focus on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) prevention, reproductive health services, and comprehensive sex education.
OUR community outreach efforts seek to educate and provide resources on:
* STI and HIV testing and treatment
* Preventative methods for STIs and HIV
* Inform on prevalence and incidence rates forSTI/HIV in Sacramento County
* Provide information to primary preventive care and State Funded programs that offer, reproductive health services.
* Community Empowerment, organizing, and capacity building for social change of reproductive health rights.
We intend that our efforts will assist in eliminating health disparities, disseminate information on access to adequate health care, and empower the community to make healthier lifestyles changes.
For more information please visit: